Keep your hair looking perfect at Fresh Lifestyle salons in Blackheath, Fitzrovia & Islington
You can trust our expert stylists at Fresh Lifestyle salons in Blackheath and Islington to always give you head-turning hair cuts, styles and colour. But what can you do to give your hair style staying power between hair appointments?
Here are our top tips to keep your curls, plaits and upstyles looking like you just stepped out of a salon – every day!
Keep Your Upstyle Secure
- Keep your upstyle secure by using double bobby pins. Pin them in a criss-cross and they will hold your hair style in place longer.
- Don’t want your pins to show? Use sparkly pins or cover the bobby pins with a pretty hair accessory.
- Spray hairspray onto your hair brush and run it through your hair to tame fly-away strands – this is perfect if you want a slick, polished updo.
- Add a faux hair piece to give your upstyle the wow factor. Maybe a thick plait as a halo braid, or some clip in (or real) hair extensions for volume or a shot of extra colour.
Keep Your Waves Curly
- Curly hair looks great when it’s just been styled but, after a few hours of dancing, your curls may droop or become frizzy. Stop this happening by curling your hair the day after you’ve shampooed – the curls will hold better as your hair won’t be as soft and slippery.
- Curl your hair in small sections, applying a setting lotion to each section before curling. Pin your curl with a bobby pin so it’s tightly wrapped up and let it cool before releasing it.
- Finish off with a good spritz of hair spray.
- Finally, if you want the curls to stay as long as possible, don’t be tempted to fiddle with your hair as this will make them drop out faster.
Keep Your Braids In Place
Braids look gorgeous, but can often misbehave and slip from their original position. This is particularly true if you have fine or thin hair, but does also happen if you have thicker hair. These are our tips to keep your braids in place:
- Add a spritz of hair sea salt spray or a dry shampoo before you style to make it grip better.
- Use hairspray on your hair and blow dry it into shape before braiding.
- Keep in mind that tighter plaits will stay in place for longer than loose plaits.
- Use bobby pins to hold your plait in place as you style it. You can hide any pins that are showing by adding pretty hair accessories to your braid, like fake flowers.