Top Tips For Healthy, Shiny Hair
Have you ever wondered how your favourite celebrity manages to change her hairstyle and colour weekly and still have hair that is shiny and full of length and volume? Well now we can reveal the secrets to help you get gorgeous glossy hair.
When it comes to hair colour, Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj change their hair colour with startling regularity. Yet we all know that over-processing your hair can cause it to become dry and damaged, so how do they get away with it?
Many celebrities have a team of hairdressers on hand which means they have access to the best hair care products and treatments. Some also use custom-made wigs and hair pieces to change their looks, while hair extensions are a superb way of adding luxurious length, volume and colour.
A fantastic hair cut and a deep conditioning hair treatment can also go a long way towards keeping your hair healthy so make sure you book in for regular trims to keep your hairstyle looking gorgeous. Now check out our top tips for encouraging healthy shiny hair…
- After rinsing out your shampoo and conditioner, give your hair a blast of cool or cold water.
- Once a month apply a leave-in conditioner.
- Gently towel dry your hair and apply a light serum while the hair is still wet.
- Let your hair dry naturally whenever possible to promote healthy hair. However, when blow drying your hair, direct the nozzle down the hair shaft and have a final blast of ‘cool’ air.
- Apply a non-alcohol based straightening balm to dry hair. The smoother the cuticle, the shinier your hair will be.
- Use a long round brush with short bristles so your hair glides smoothly over the brush.
- If you wear your hair in a ponytail, alternate the fastening point and give it a break by wearing your hair down.
- Give your hair a break from styling irons. If you cannot live without your styling tools, invest in a quality styling iron and a good protective spray.
So, now you know all the secrets to happy healthy hair, all you need to do is find a great party to attend!